My goal this month is to be down 10 pounds.
Last month I got myself into a good workout routine. Now that I have started that my next plan is to started a good diet and to pick up the routine so that it will help me start to lose weight and build muscle.
For the month of June, I am going to try the advance 30-day challenge. I am hoping that I can complete this and with a balance, diet loses the 10 pounds.
I will do weight ins weekly to let you know how the challenge is going. Wish me luck because I am going to need it.
To be honest I have never been able to complete a weight loss. I have gotten close to the goal weight and then end up failing. As I will be having to check in, I am hoping this will keep me going as sometimes I need a little push and this blog will be it.
Let’s go 10 lbs, you can get lost!!!
Working in an office all day has a big downfall for when trying to say fit as the cubical life is really not made for an active body.
I have been doing a little research on the best ways to keep the body moving during the day. There are some great ones out there, but when you work in an office where you are all in one area some of the exercise could get a little distracting to others.
Here are a few movements that can keep you moving and not distract your fellow employees while sitting in your chair.
- Leg Lifts; Lift your legs so they are straight. Hold for 10 seconds and slowly bring them back down. – You should feel a good stretch in the back of you legs. Do about 10 reps of these with pointed and flexed feet.
- Legs Lifts; Part 2; This is similar to the above leg lifts. Lift one leg straight. Hold for a 10 seconds and slowly bring the leg back down. Switch Legs. Do about 10 reps of these with both pointed and flexed feet.
- Heel Press; Put your feet in a position like you would be standing on the balls of your feet. slowly Press your heel down with one foot then switch. Do 10 to 20 reps of these.
- Knee Bends; Lift your legs up and slowly bend your knees towards your chest. Do about 10 reps of these. This is excellent for the abs
- Knee Press; Lift one foot to the Chair (if you do not have a skirt on) wrap you arms around you leg and slowly press towards your chest. Hold for 10 Seconds. Release and do the same with the other foot.
- Body Twist; Slowly rotate your body from side to side holding for 3 seconds on each side. Do 20 Reps of these.
- Arm Lifts/Swings; If you are OK with attracting a little attention hold your arms straight out to the side of you and slowly swing them to the front hold and then back to the side. Do about 20 reps of these.
- Arm Stretch; Lift arm above your head, lock your fingers together and stretch towards the sky. hold for 5 Seconds and release. do 10 reps of these.
Now you can feel better about yourself and body and you are keeping active through out the day while sitting in your chair.
If you have any other good ones that are discrete, please share as I would love to hear and try them.