Working in an office all day has a big downfall for when trying to say fit as the cubical life is really not made for an active body.
I have been doing a little research on the best ways to keep the body moving during the day. There are some great ones out there, but when you work in an office where you are all in one area some of the exercise could get a little distracting to others.
Here are a few movements that can keep you moving and not distract your fellow employees while sitting in your chair.
- Leg Lifts; Lift your legs so they are straight. Hold for 10 seconds and slowly bring them back down. – You should feel a good stretch in the back of you legs. Do about 10 reps of these with pointed and flexed feet.
- Legs Lifts; Part 2; This is similar to the above leg lifts. Lift one leg straight. Hold for a 10 seconds and slowly bring the leg back down. Switch Legs. Do about 10 reps of these with both pointed and flexed feet.
- Heel Press; Put your feet in a position like you would be standing on the balls of your feet. slowly Press your heel down with one foot then switch. Do 10 to 20 reps of these.
- Knee Bends; Lift your legs up and slowly bend your knees towards your chest. Do about 10 reps of these. This is excellent for the abs
- Knee Press; Lift one foot to the Chair (if you do not have a skirt on) wrap you arms around you leg and slowly press towards your chest. Hold for 10 Seconds. Release and do the same with the other foot.
- Body Twist; Slowly rotate your body from side to side holding for 3 seconds on each side. Do 20 Reps of these.
- Arm Lifts/Swings; If you are OK with attracting a little attention hold your arms straight out to the side of you and slowly swing them to the front hold and then back to the side. Do about 20 reps of these.
- Arm Stretch; Lift arm above your head, lock your fingers together and stretch towards the sky. hold for 5 Seconds and release. do 10 reps of these.
Now you can feel better about yourself and body and you are keeping active through out the day while sitting in your chair.
If you have any other good ones that are discrete, please share as I would love to hear and try them.
Can working-out while away be a difficult?
This weekend is Victoria Day long weekend and my family and I will be heading to our home away from home. Our little weekend get away place. Or as most of you would call it our summer trailer.
Most summers I just try to relax and enjoy myself while I am away. This summer I am making it my goal to stay active!
Being at the trailer should really be the easiest place for me to stay active. My family and I are outside most days and usually play down by the water.
My goal this summer will be to go for a walk every morning. A little hike around the park to see whats going on. I am also going to plan to swim every day as well. They say swimming is one of the best exercise and I am going to use that to my advantage. Plus it will keep me cool on those hot day. I may even play a little soccer with my boy to keep the heart rate up. They love to have fun and why not stay fit while doing it!
What kids of tips do you have for staying fit and active while away?
I can tell you that there will be no yoga on the field as I am a little shy to be doing it in public yet. Maybe one day i can get to it.
Happy Victoria Long weekend to my fellow Canadian friends!
I have never been much of a water drinker. I was and still am one of those people that like a little flavor in my drink, so I always opted for the Juice. Yes, I know that is such a bad idea not only the sugar contact but all the acids I was drinking as well.
Now that I am going for the full change I have started drinking a lot more water. I am now getting the full daily dose of 8, 8 oz glasses or more sometime. I can’t believe the change I have noticed from it. First off I have noticed I am not as hungry as I used to be. I used to be a big snacker and now not as many snacks are being eaten by me. I have also noticed that my skin is starting to change just a bit. It is not a dry as it used to be. I always have had very dry skin and felt no cream was doing the trick. Now just drinking a ton of water daily it has noticed that it is much more hydrated and not so flaky as it used to be.
I started my water intake by buying a bottle that has measurements on the side. it was a great way to let me know how much water I was in taking per day. For me, it was something that was needed.
I know when you purchase the water bottle it tells you but seeing on the side for me was key. I saw how much I drank in a gulp to how many more bottles I need to drink to have the recommended amount of water.
It has worked out great and now I am drinking the right amount of water each day. I still love to have my fruity tasty drinks but now that I drink way more water those sugar drinks have been cut in half and that is added to my road to a healthier life. Less sugar, less fat, less weight, more muscle.
My step one has been finding something that I feel may work for me. I have done diets in the past, joined gyms for a month and tried to do pay as you go yoga classes. My problem is that once i have a week off because of something I may have had to go to for my children or myself like a school dance or sports game then it throws me all off my grove.
This time around I have decided to try an at home app for some easy training. I am trying the 30 day fitness challenge. I started on the first of May and am now on day 3. It has been the perfect amount of exercise to start me off with. The 20 minute workout I have started is their Easy full body workout and I have also have also added in a couple of stretches at the beginning and end of each workout. It’s first couple of days it has been pretty good. Different strengthening technique along with a bit of cardio. I think I may want to move up the cardio part a bit but other than that It has been real good and my muscles have been feeling it the next day.
I will keep you updated on how it goes and what i find for uping my cardio.